Wednesday, May 02, 2012

All Dolled Up

Who: Brenna Busse
What: Mixed Media Figures and Collages
Where: Minneapolis, MN
Web: http://www.brennabusse.com/
Why: Brenna's fine art dolls and collages are constructed using plenty of found and recycled materials and a boatload of imagination and heart. Her thoughtful series speak of spirituality and healing and transformation. To me they are optimistic and soulful and provocative in a gentle way. She's a flying-by-the-seat-of-her-pants kind of artist, spontaneously spurred by what she finds, living in and translating the moment and materials into charming and charmful art pieces. They make me think outside the box and I love any artist that challenges my perspective and inspires me to look at the familiar from a new angle. Pure creativity, all dolled up!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home