Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Two On Tuesdays...The Snowbird Edition

After two days of newly falling snow and far too many days of grey landscapes and skies, I am craving color! And lo and behold I've found a feast for the eyes with today's Two on Tuesdays jewelry artists.

Tami Rodrig of Happy Art Studio uses sterling silver, paint, found objects and resin to create her fun and whimsical jewelry designs.
"Creating is a very essential part of my life. I spend many hours of the day making things and thinking about making things. I love colors and various materials and am always on the look out for interesting combinations. I studied art and silversmith and my current artwork consists of a combination of silversmithing and painting and found objects. I love to be in my studio and play..."


Michele A. Friedman
's brilliant felted wool pieces feature oxidized sterling, 18k Bi-Metal and gold plated screws.
"Since developing my first metal line of jewelry in 1994, I have wanted to incorporate color into my work. The challenge was developing a line of color in an alternative material...After much trial and error, felted wool became the solution to my color dilemma. It had the rich, saturated color I was looking for as well as a great texture. As I played with the material, I began to realize how much I loved the richness of the felt set against the oxidized sterling."

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Q said...

I really like those earrings! Stop by my page when you have a moment, you won the Sof Sole giveaway :-).

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home