Friday, March 18, 2011

Red Knit Cap Girl in Wonderland

Naoko Stoop
Brooklyn, NY
Naoko is one of my favorite contemporary illustrators. Working in a variety of styles and media, she weaves threads of whimsy, nostalgia and dreams throughout her work. She is self-taught, but that is no obstacle to her talent...in fact it enhances the sweet naive quality of her pieces. Her Red Knit Cap Girl is especially charming, wandering and exploring in her peaceful little Wonderland.

"I’m trying to bring out the five-year old in people through my artwork. Because I believe that is the last moment before children start learning how complicated the world is, and that was when I once stopped drawing. It took me decades to come back to myself.
Now? Here I am drawing everyday!"

>>continue>>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home