Saturday, April 04, 2009

From the Artist's Garden

Stephanie Grebel Sato
Lawrence, KS
Winner of a 2008 Windgate Fellowship Award, textile artist Stephanie Grebel Sato is focusing her studio on eco-friendly elements and using natural dyes cultivated from her own garden.
“I have wanted to create a nature-conscious art studio for a few years. Art and nature have been dear to me since my childhood. My art practice is aimed at cultivating conscious interactions with nature, which are lacking in humans’ modern-day lives, and acknowledging our dependence and interconnectedness with nature.”
Stephanie uses traditional weaving and dyeing techniques such as itajime Shibori which combines a series of folds to create complex colors and patterns. Each textile is a spontaneous showcase of her sensitive skills and gentle commitment to earth and art working in harmony. >>continue>>

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Wow...this is weird. Thank you for entering my giveaway. I'm curious as to how you found my blog? My jaw dropped when I saw the feature artist Stephanie that does artwork from her own dye. My boyfriend is a gardener and I'm more of the artistic one...I could EASILY see this becoming a hobby.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home