Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mastering the Edge

Knives and swords forged from a deeply spiritual contemplation of life, courage and beauty.

Welcome to Khalsa Kirpans. “Kirpan” /keér pahn/ literally means “hand of mercy.” It is a Punjabi (Indian) word for “knife” or “dagger,” that connotes a philosophy of respect for martial arts and weapons, not as a vehicle of aggression but as a means of defending the defenseless.

My name is Jot Singh Khalsa. Since 1978, I’ve been creating unique edged tools and weapons for enthusiasts and collectors all over the world...It wouldn’t be a lie for me to say, “Knife-making has been a spiritual experience for me....Both my personal yogic and Dharmic practices and my teacher have given me valuable insights into my life, as well as tools for deep relaxation and accessing my potential. I’ve shared the wonderful science of yoga with many people – through Adult Education yoga classes, at knife shows and yoga-related venues – for over 30 years. Martial arts, which I’ve practiced for over 25 years, has been another source of relaxation, exercise, and self-confidence. I also serve as a Sikh minister. As far as I know, I’m the only Sikh member of the Knifemakers’ Guild. I’m easy to find at knife shows as “the guy in white, wearing a turban.” >>continue>>

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home